Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Post For A New Year

2013 was a really tough year for me.  2012 was hard, but it had a lot of high points.  2013 felt like a lot of valleys that we never quite made it out of before sliding back down.  I had health problems throughout the year.  I had mono that went undiagnosed for a long enough period of time to do serious damage to my immune system and required more than eight weeks of recovery.  Probably due in large part to the mono, I have had some sort of antibiotic-requiring illness eight or nine times this year.  There have been a lot of other complications in my life due to my lovely bout with mono - but 2013 is over.  I am hopeful dare I say optimistic even, knock on wood that 2014 will be a better year.

On Facebook yesterday, I joked that I needed an "achievable" resolution for 2014.  I keep typing 2013.  Worst part of the new year, training my fingers not to type the old one.  I keep a running list of the usual "goals for being a better person" throughout the year each year:

1.  Eat better, exercise more, get healthy
2.  Become more disciplined in my spiritual life
3.  Working on overcoming bad habits
4.  Treat my family better
5.  Keep my house clean
6.  Put my laundry away more than once a quarter
7.  Blog more
8.  Learn to fly and/or turn invisible

Like many people, these have been ongoing goals in my life for years.  So I want a new goal.  Something realistic but meaningful.  My cousin Erin suggested that I resolve to "win 2014.  Now I just need to figure out what "winning" means.  I'll let you know if I think of anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment