Monday, April 30, 2012

Turn Turn Turn



To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven; A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1


We only got a few days to dream about finally getting to meet you.  Its funny, I've been afraid for a long time that this moment would never come, that maybe "we" and "you" were never destined to meet - and in just one brief moment, all my fears and insecurities were gone, washed away!

I wasn't expecting it this soon, but I was so excited - and I was also surprised, and nervous scared terrified. (I'm always nervous - you don't know this yet, but hopefully, someday you will.  I worry about everything.)

He was excited and scared too - Don't worry, it isn't you, it's a normal reaction.

Its funny how one minute can change you.  It stretches you, and bends you, and turns you all inside out.  And no matter what happens, you can never go back to being that person, the person you were before that minute, the person you had spent your whole life being.  

But all of the sudden our dreams looked like they were going to come true, and we just wanted everyone to know!

We told our parents, and all your aunts and uncles (you have a lot.)  They were so happy, too!  Did that moment change them, too?  It might have - and I have to believe that the Lord is sovereign in this, as well.  Because we had to tell them, too.

Now we know our dreams of meeting you are going to have to put off for a little while longer.  Before we found out for certain, we had two days to wonder, two days of feeling my heart breaking, of praying and praying to be content in the Lord's will.

I want you to know, and I hope I'm teaching you, someday in the future when you read this, how very much our Lord cares for us.  And that I don't regret that short time we got to spend really hoping to meet you.  And that we are still waiting for you, and praying for you.  And that God gives us moments that change us for a reason, and stretching and bending and growing, well... sometimes, it hurts.  But then He builds us back up, and we are stronger, and better, and molded more closely to His image.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:43 PM

    I love you very much, more than you will ever know. I am so sorry that I can't be there to hug you, but you do have an amazing husband to lean on. Remember to lean on each other. {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaortiz@bellsouth.net3:37 PM

    I love the three of you so very much.

    Hugs :)
    Grandma Ortiz

    ReplyDelete