Thursday, November 03, 2011

Writer's Block

I'll be honest, I've been putting off today's blog post (which also means tomorrow's blog post) because I don't know what to write about.


I have a job that can be pretty stressful at times, but for a multitude of reasons, I have chosen not to discuss it via the internet.  But a vast majority of my time is spent at work, and therefore, most of my "material," as it were, is related to it.


None of the experiences I've had this week are things I can really talk about on here, for professional or personal reasons.  And for the most part, I've already mined the most interesting things I CAN talk about. 


Let me just say this:


This fall has been hard.  Not just for the Hubs and I, but for members of our family, members of our church families, people we work with, and for our friends.  If I spend too much time thinking about this, and considering the state of the world in general, I tend to get so discouraged!


I am so grateful to be able to look to God's word for encouragement:  "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." (James 16:33 NIV)


I am also encouraged by my friend B., who makes me laugh so much.  She is incredibly intelligent, but sometimes, she misses things.  Example:  We were in Starbucks on Tuesday, and she looked at me and said, "So, I heard about this thing today where a bunch of people are, like, protesting!"  I probably laughed for two minutes before I looked at her and said, "B., you are the last person in America to hear about Occupy Wall Street."


I am so grateful for her silliness, and how she makes me laugh when I'm discouraged.  

No comments:

Post a Comment