Tuesday, November 08, 2011

A Serious Post

In an effort to keep my blog a positive and upbeat place, I've tried to stick to the amusing anecdotes of my day to day life.

But then tonight I got a phone call that made me decide to change my mind, at least for today:

My younger brother C. is joining the United States Marine Corps., and I thought I still had a month and half to adjust to that fact.  A month and a half before I had to remember what it was like to have a member of my immediate family putting himself between me and "the big scary world out there."

And then I found out that he is shipping out for boot camp at the end of this month, just days after Thanksgiving.

I am so proud of my brother.  I'm also worried, because he's my little brother.  I'm sad for my sweet sister in law and two adorable nephews, who will miss him while he is gone.  And I am excited, to see what God has in store for all of them. 

I thought I had a month in a half to convince my brain that it was real... but here it is.  I am so grateful that I will get to spend a few days with them at Thanksgiving.

Will you pray for him, and for his wife and boys?  I am so proud of them, and I love them, so I want to do what I can to support them.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck to him! I do not have any military in my immediate family but have friends who do and I know it is a love-hate relationship. (Found your post via NaBloPoMo)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely keep your brother and his family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless them. The separation is going to be tough, and that's the sacrifice that families that decide to join the military make. And that's just a part of what makes them deserve our deepest respect. How nice that you can have Thanksgiving together before he goes to boot camp.

    P.S. I've tried to follow you, as you've followed me, but I can't seem to find the right button. I'll keep trying. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strike that last part. I just found the right button. :)

    ReplyDelete