Friday, February 06, 2009

Fwee!

Life is so crazy right now. All the weather and the snow days last week (and this week to some extent) has thrown my schedule off completely. I feel like I'm behind with EVERYTHING. I only have one thing left to finish on my stupid bar application, and I just can't find time to sit down and write this essay! Everyday is so full, and sometimes I just want an hour or two to sit and do nothing. But everytime I do, I get further behind. MEH. Enough whining, I know a lot of other people who have it worse.

I'm working on my seminar paper, and I really like my topic. As long as I can keep focused, I think I'll be able to do a good job. I've come to the conclusion, though, that no matter how hard I work, I'm still going to get average to middling grades at best - I really really really hate feeling inadequate. I LIKE being smart, its the only 'good' quality that people have consistently attributed to me. BAH. I'm whining again. I'm going to be good now!

Topics to avoid to prevent whining:
Work.
Car.
Economy.
School.

OH! Here is something fun: I'm doing an internship at the Commonwealth Attorney's office, and I got to reccomend in Court that someone be put in jail. I was quite proud of myself, I put my first criminal in jail! Its amazing how easy it is to switch to the perspective of the side you are working on. When I was working at OPD this summer, it was easy to believe that many of our clients were innocent or misguided, and didn't deserve that charges they got. Although, on the other hand, the prosecutors aren't as 'lock 'em up and throw away the key' as I expected they would be. I've actually gotten to watch a couple of trials now, and they are just as boring as I knew they would be. Police officer testimony is not really very interesting, I'd rather READ the facts. There is some really sad stuff, but I'm trying to seperate myself from it emotionally to the extent that I can look at it with my head and not my heart. Its hard though, when the victim is sobbing behind you as the person who hurt her gets his acquittal.

I should be paying attention in Legal Drafting, but I've come to the conclusion that paying attention in here is almost pointless. I draft stuff my way, and he hasn't given me feedback on any of my work specifically, so I don't know how much of what I am doing differently is WRONG, and how much of it is just a choice I made to plead things differently (strategically, I think, but I'm just a law student and I didn't write the jury instructions, so what do I know? ;))

Well, I feel better now that I've blogged a bit. I keep thinking of things I want to write, and fail to follow up on that feeling. There is a lot more I could talk about, I guess, like, you know, all the good things that are happening, but I don't want to make you all sticky with the remnants of my sugary happiness.

o.O

I'm not even sure what that means.

Anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment