Monday, September 29, 2008

Vacation

So, I recently changed my facebook status to "Dorothy hates being exhausted all the time." The following is the conversation I had with my father via comments:

Dad
You need to schedule a vacation day. Get away from everything. You can do it. Just plan it. (Stay away from the video games, they don't help) Love you. You're going to make it through this because you are the best.

Recalcitrant Daughter
I was considering a trip to Maryland around the 18th... ;)

Dad
What would be refreshing about that. Oh, a nice family visit! ;-)

Recalcitrant Daughter
Right! Family... visit... of relaxation... Is it just me, or does that sound... less than relaxing?

Dad
Family is always the most relaxing people to be around. Always just except you the way you are and love you unconditionally. You know that!

Recalcitrant Daughter
They might accept and love me - but that doesn't mean they relax me. And you know that! lol...

Dad
So what pray tell would you go to Maryland for?

Recalcitrant Daughter
A hockey game...

Dad
That was my next guess.

Recalcitrant Daughter
Really! Whatever the DC team is called vs New Jersey Devils...

Dad
Capitols I think.

Recalcitrant Daughter
That's it... :) But yes, the plan was actually to see a hockey game if I come. Its coincidence, of course, that I'd be going with Will and possibly some of his friends.
---

My dad is hilarious and awesome. I think I am going on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment