Monday, August 02, 2004

This time around

Its been awhile since I really sat down to post anything. Audioblogging has made me lazy. I even considered making this post an audioblog, but then I realized that I am sitting right here, AT the computer. And gee, that would be awfully silly, wouldn't it? My mom wants to know what "be good, watch TV" means. If YOU don't know, you probably aren't laughing, but to those who do, well... *grins* Let me just say that there is a reason that Nathan and I both put it at the bottom of each post. Its our little... couple thing. *grins even more*

Let me think now, what interesting thing has happened to me? I've gotten more than half way through Xenogears, more than halfway through Warcraft 3, and I think I might finally beat Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. (raise your hands if you know that I have been spending my last three school breaks trying to beat that blasted game.) You know, I think I am the only person in the world that actually likes it. Except for the whole going back in time, losing all your work thing.

I also helped my mom in the nursery on Sunday. All of the babies in there were newborns or not-yet-borns when I left to go to school, and my last Sunday School Class is graduated Kindergarten and getting ready to go to Kids Church. I taught the twos. Well, there is still the kids I taught in the three months before I went to Evangel, but I don't honestly even remember who was in that class. I was talking to Hannah Price on Sunday. (she was in my first class that I taught when I was sixteen) Our family and a few others get together for our church's version of small groups (we only do them during the summer on Sunday nights) She is seven and a half, and nothing like the shy, terrified little two year old that I knew. She is outgoing, and somewhat boisterous. Her sister Lucy is five (in the group about to move up) and is still a little shy, but she actually remembers me and was playing and talking to me. It was cute, but sad. ANYWAYS. In the nursery was little Jessie Adams. I babysat all three of her older brothers before she was born, and I remember when Zack was only six months old. All three of the boys were in my Sunday School class, and now they are all big kids. There was another little girl, Micah, who insisted on giving me a hug and a kiss before she could leave (I had played with her a lot the whole morning) The whole experience made me sad, or at least melancholy. I'm too young to have the "good old days"! It doesn't seem like all these kids should grow up without me, I was part of their lives for so long. Even before I was sixteen, I babysat or worked in the nursery with them. I should upload some pictures of my kids that I taught, so you can see how cute they were (are still, but I don't have recent pics)

While I was living it up with the babies, they were having a prayer service in the church. My dad told me later about how they spent three minutes each on ten different topics, just everyone praying. One of the things that they prayed for was people who hate Christians, and my dad made this point: How can we pray for people to not hate us when the church as a whole has hated so many people? The church has struggled with racial hatred, religious hatred... a modern example: Hating gay people. Now, anyone who knows me knows that I am a firm believer in "hate the sin, not the sinner." There is no world in which I think that homosexuality is right. BUT I have known, have loved people who were gay. Why? Because there is no reason at all to hate them. I disagree with lots of people. I know people who are liars, adulterers, who have committed any number of sins, myself more than most. But why should that make any difference in who I love? It doesn't make any sense to me, at all. If someone is doing wrong, and they are not a follower of Jesus Christ, it is not my place to try and change them. Its my privilege to love them, and to show them the One who loves them enough that He would give His very life for them. After that? Don't you think that God is powerful enough to do His own work on His children? Matthew 22:37-39, "Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" What more do you need?

Okay, enough with the ranting, what else? I've been working on my research project, tracing my genealogy. I'll post the results when I get done. I also got a B- in American West, which annoys me, because I think I did better than that grade. I mean, I did WAY less work in 19th century, for the same grade. Check out all the stuff I wrote: American West .

I have a new roommate named Lauren Brack. She is a transfer from Kansas City, I emailed her almost a week ago, but haven't heard anything yet. If you want to know why the dynamic duo had to break up, ask Tara, its her story to tell, not mine.

Josiah broke four bones, two in each arm, when he fell out of a tree. *shudders* I would post the picture, but its kind of a pain to post pictures on the spot. He got two casts, one full cast and one half cast, but the worst breaks, the ones on his right arm (in the full cast) were setting wrong (at a twentyfive degree angle) so he had to have surgery. They put him under anaesthesia, and rebroke both bones, set them properly, and put him in a splint. He has that for about a week more, and then back in the full cast. From that point, he will have his left arm in a cast for 3-5 weeks, and his right for 7-9 weeks. He loses the rest of the summer, and my parents are going to keep homeschooling him (he was supposed to start as Assembly Christian School) because it might be too much adjustment for him.

Well, I had better go, my daddy wants to go to bed and the computer is in my parents' room. *huggles* Have a loverly day!

Be good, watch TV

No comments:

Post a Comment