Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Happy Independence Day!

Okay, I know it is technically after July 4th, but I was internet inaccessible at that time *wink wink nudge nudge*. But I was busy celebrating our freedom with my friends, and with on of them in the military and another one military-bound, I am pretty sure we all remembered the gravity that accompanies the celebration, when one considers the cost of our independence. And so, yes, Nathan is probably joining the Air Force. *sighs softly* Its so strange, I never felt like our family made any sacrifice when Daddy was in the Navy, although I guess we did, but now that I see it from the point of view of a (nearly) grown person, its scary! I am so proud of him, and I will support him no matter what he does, I just don't want to lose him. On the weekend...

Pictures will be forthcoming...

We left around 6:00 PM on Friday... We were supposed to leave at 11:00 AM, but I decided that I wanted to have my break pads replaced before we went... good thing! I had to have the back breaks replaced! It was, oh, about $200 more than I wanted to spend, but I am pretty certain that it was worth it. Especially since we hit some NASTY storms nine miles outside of Clinton Missouri, storms that continued all the way through till Platte City, and then died off. We got to Dawson, Nebraska (the white star is where Nathan's house is, the red star is town) around 11-ish. We greeted Nathan and David (after almost hitting a deer) and talked for a bit before bed. The next day, we all just chilled around the house till around 5:30, when we drove to Auburn (about 18 miles north of Dawson) and caught Spider Man 2 at a GORGEOUS little movie theater. We went back to Nathan's and chilled until late, then went to bed. The next day, we went to Falls City, Nebraska (18 miles south-ish of Dawson) to get stuff for cookies. On the way back, the boys INSISTED that we stop for fireworks, so Tara and I waited in the car whilst the guys bought lots of things that explode. Got back to the house, then left along with Nathan's dad for a cook-out at Nathan's dad's girlfriend's house. (say THAT three times fast) Hung out there, had hamburgers, chased chickens, and played with kitties till around 7. Then we went back to the house, where Nathan and Jason blew up some barrels, coke cans, and, well, I don't even WANT to know what else. We heard a lot of explosions from inside, where we were baking cookies. It finally got dark, so we all went out (David and Al, Nathan's dad, had just gotten back) and enjoyed the fireworks that the guys bought. I lit one, I think it was a fountain, but I don't actually remember. It took me FOREVER to light, and then when it finally lit, it took me a minute to remember to move! I didn't know my short lil legs could move that fast. After that, we stayed outside and played flashlight hide-and-go-seek till everyone had been "It" once (they gave us girls a handicap. *frowns* It doesn't seem right, but we NEVER would have caught any of them!) We stayed up REALLY late last night, and none of us (except Nathan) got up till after 3. We left around 8 PM, and got back into town around 2 AM. I, as always, missed a turn, and ended up driving THROUGH Kansas City instead of around. *sighs* Least I didn't drive to Joplin this time... Anyway, we got pictures developed, and dropped Jason off at his hotel, and I've spent the last half hour typing this (had to look up links *winks*) And now... bed! Much love and sun screen!

Be good, watch T.V.

I love Squishy!

No comments:

Post a Comment