Sunday, July 25, 2004

this is an audio post - click to play
 
 
And here is my transcription of part of that (the general idea):
 
Note to self:  Type this as a real post later.

Well, ladies and folks, it is 12:15 AM as I begin today’s thought of the day, and in true general rant fashion, I am not going to go into the specific cause of today’s soapbox moment, but simply give you the result of a very complicated formula.  So here goes.  What is wrong with my generation?  To borrow from my sister Rebekah, where did the “cabbage-mutant-ninja-patch” kids go wrong?  Four, five, six years ago, we were front-row sitting, holy ghost filled, devil-butt-kicking warriors in the name of God.  When did real life take over?

It is so hard to believe your message when I find out the things you’ve been doing when no one is looking.  What happened to integrity, purity, sanctity, wholeness, holiness, respect?  How can you say you love God, raise your hands in church, say you know God has a calling on your life, and then wantonly throw it all back in the face of the Omnipotent Creator of heaven and earth?

Yeah, the path he asks us to follow is narrow, but it is straight.  Don’t blame anyone but yourself when you fall, you could have made a better choice.  Be you.  Step up to the plate.  Don’t mess around with God, you are only hurting yourself.  And you KNOW I mean me, too.  I may be the “worst of sinners” but I wanna make things right.

I’m tired of messing around.  I’m tired of seeing my generation, and the generation following mine, coming up in the church right now, fall away, and become just “normal adults,” people with messed up lives, a mortgage, a car payment, two kids, a dog, and a white picket fence.  Honestly!  Is that all we want for our lives?  Can’t we make any sacrifices to see this world changed?  Make a difference?  We’ve been hearing this our whole lives: “You are the generation that is going to make a difference in this world.  It’s all up to you now.”  And the older you get, the less opportunity you have.  Don’t waste that!

Okay, that’s all I felt like transcribing, you can listen to the whole rant if you WANT to, but this is the gist of it.
 
Be good, watch TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment