Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Down...

Tidal waves they rip right through me
tears from eyes worn cold and sad
pick me up now, I need you so bad


I lay in bed this morning, pleading with God to take the hurt away. I begged him to hold me, to teach me to forgive, to be patient, to understand. I've also spent the time realizing that the only thing holding me in Missouri this summer is work, and the fact that I will likely be unable to find it back home. I know staying here is the responsible thing to do, even at the cost of breaking apart. Who can I trust? I know, I am not the center of the universe, and I need to be less self centered. But I still wish there was someone that really cared, thought about me, and how things make me feel. Its too much to ask, and I think my next step in self improvement needs to be learning to be fully self reliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment