Friday, September 05, 2003

Sonnet- To Science
Science! true daughter of Old Time thou art!
Who alterest all things with thy peering eyes.
Why preyest thou thus upon the poet's heart,
Vulture, whose wings are dull realities?
How should he love thee? or how deem thee wise,
Who wouldst not leave him in his wandering
To seek for treasure in the jewelled skies,
Albeit he soared with an undaunted wing?
Hast thou not dragged Diana from her car?
And driven the Hamadryad from the wood
To seek a shelter in some happier star?
Hast thou not torn the Naiad from her flood,
The Elfin from the green grass, and from me
The summer dream beneath the tamarind tree?

~Edgar Allen Poe~


Makin fun of science... Poe is my kind of guy. I did not used to like him a'tall, but I love his poetry now. I think he was one of those people that just annoyed the crap out of people being depressed all the time, and the only way he could express himself was through writing.

I hate technology... It depresses me. Just, imagine that poem is about technology, and you will undersatnd why I chose this poem.

Thats all I really want to talk about today... I cried last night when I was driving... I played 'The Luckiest' for Tara, she cried too. She had never heard it before. Whoo, crazy times. Then we listened to it again. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment