Thursday, September 11, 2003

So, we are just about over due for a blog, are we not? It has been six whole days since my last post, and nary a word from my fans... because I don't have any? It is the middle of the night (01:30 AM CST) and I am at work. Today seems to be singularly appropriate for a post, and I know that I will be bowing my head for a prayer a 07:46 AM CST. That was the time when the first plpane crashed into the WTC two years ago. I know that I was awake at this time two years ago, or most likely I was. I wish I could remember what I was doing.

I don't know about you, but September 11 has changed my life, and my perspective. I don't know if a day goes by that I don't think about it. There are probably only two or three other events that I can say that about... when my grandma died, when my mom came home from the hospital after Andrew Cory died, and when I was in a car accident when I was 14. Okay, just typing that made me cry... I almost cried in class today when one of my teachers talked about September 11.

*deep breath* I hope I didn't make you cry. It just suddenly hit me that I have another little brother, who would be around twelve years old right now, and that was hard. I don't like thinking about it very much, just because I know that it changed my family a lot.

I wonder why it is that possibly four of them most defining moments in my life are all very sad? There are good ones too, but why do I not think of them? My life has not been filled with tragedy, I promise. In fact, there have been many good times. *shakes head* Perhaps I will never understand.

Anyway, I just want to take a moment to remember September 11, and give honor to those who died that day, and those who have died in the conflict since then. God bless America, and may He bless each and every one of you.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

No comments:

Post a Comment