Monday, August 18, 2003

I wish I had beautiful, profound thoughts. I think, perhaps if I ever truly feel anything lacking in my life, it is beauty. In those moments when all I can feel is despair, all it takes is one single moment of something beautiful, and I feel myself lifted above my own petty life. There are so many beautiful things... I found a letter in my mom's things yesterday, and it made me cry. My dad wrote it to me when I was a baby, and he was away a boot camp. Beauty.

Or when my baby brother just runs up to me and gives me a hug.

When my parents do something for me that I don't deserve.

Sitting on the front steps at night during a thunderstorm, getting completely soaked.

Love.

Reading something that stirs my soul.

I know this probably sounds really cheesy to you all, but I just needed to say... write... it.

I am jealous... most of the people I care about are in love now. And that is a true confession.

No comments:

Post a Comment