Tuesday, July 22, 2003

So here I am... typing my little thing for the day. I think I will talk about two subjects that are, in my mind, very close together: guys and country music. The former, because it has been on my mind a lot lately, and the latter, well, someone maligned country music, one of my dearest friends in fact, and I mean to set him straight on why it is such a wonderful thing.

I want to marry someone I am friends with, someone who likes me for who I am. I want to be able to dance around my living room and sing sweet, sentimental songs to somebody I love. I won't marry a guy who isn't a Christian, actively striving to grow in their relationship with God, and somebody that I know I can follow. That, as far as religion goes, is the most important thing. I don't care about doctrinal differences, for the most part. I cn respect that people believe different things than I do, and if it comes down to something that is between myself and God anyway, then other people's opinions don't matter. I don't know how to explain better than that. Maybe writing this out will help me remember when I need to, and keep my head watching over my heart.

As for country music... granted, there is a lot of crappy music out there, I do not deny it. But there are a lot of songs that talk about an ideal world, about love and family, that are just so sweet. There are songs that make me sigh, and dream, and think 'It would be so awesome if I could find someone who felt that way about me...'. I am a very southern girl at heart with southern ideals. I believe in 'Old-fashioned', and 'tradition'. I like other kinds of music too, but sometimes a country song articulates the way I feel better than I could myself (see my second post for an example). For my sister's graduation I printed out a hopeful song to put in the cover of her memory book that we gave her. Even if you don't like country music, realize that some of us find something very wholesome about it. Some of it. The kind I like.

Peace out! Have a good week! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment